Innovation & Enterprise (I&E)
Enrich, Explore, Excite @ZHPS
The I&E Committee strives to enrich our staff and students with knowledge and skills, provide platforms to explore and excite them by building their intrinsic motovation to keep trying and re-perceive challenges as opportunities.
We follow design thinking approach. We continue to use two key tools – questioning techniques and SCAMPER – in our continuous effort to be innovative and enterprising.
our pursuit to enhance the holistic development of our staff and students, we
strive to value add through these 4 key areas:
· Innovative Environment
· Innovative Systems & Structures
· Innovative Contributions to community
This program was created to allow our children to explore their creativity and imagination while having fun in their learning. It allowed them to ask any questions they had without limitation or exceptions, learn and adapt their understanding and awareness and make connections in the knowledge they gained in different areas and synthesize this to create new knowledge while having a great time.
• P1 and P2 students were asked to create paper airplanes and modified their designs after testing them in a spirit of healthy competition with their friends. In the process they implicitly learned about aerodynamics, gravity, laws of motion and other theories while having fun.
• P3 and P4 students created games based on their subjects in school. These games not only consolidated their knowledge of the subject, motivated them to have fun in recapping their learning and harnessed their creativity in imparting knowledge by new methods of teaching.
• P5 and P6 students engaged in exploring ideas to solve / improve / manage social issues in Singapore. This task required higher order thinking skills that stretched the minds of the upper primary students, yet at the same time engaged students in having fun designing and creating something unique to overcome the complex and sometimes complicated issues that they have chosen.
During the pre-assembly I&E Talk, students are given opportunities to create creative products based on innovation tool that is being presented.
Students are given the opportunity to share on their creative inventions.
Innovation for Staff
|Science||Developing Scientific Reasoning And Communication Skills in Students|
|Art & Music||Learning, The Artful Thinking Way|
|IPW||Developing Socio-Emotional and Communications Skills in Primary 1 Students|
Innovation Staff Development
The Committee has revisited questioning techniques and SCAMPER and align this to the design thinking approach. The Art and Science Department shared on how Questioning Techniques and SCAMPER is used in their inquiry-based programmes that sparks critical and inventive thinking.
Excel FestMOE ExcelFest